19th April 2022, delhi
This Webinar was organized for the release of the strategy paper on “Creation of South Asia Forum for Energy Market” by USAID’s South Asia Regional Initiative for Energy Integration (SARI/EI) program, currently being implemented by IRADe.
This strategic paper focuses on formulating a regional market body/forum/entity in the region which can facilitate regional electricity market development and creation. A Panel discussion on creation of energy market was also organized during the webinar.
Speakers for this Webinar were –
• Dr. Jyoti Parikh, Executive Director, IRADe
• Ms. Mary Tyler Holmes, Deputy Director, Indo Pacific Office, USAID
• Shri P. K. Pujari, Chairperson, Central Electricity Regulatory Commission, (CERC)
• Shri R. V. Shahi, Former Secretary, Ministry of Power, India, Senior Advisor, World Bank & Chairman of the South Asia Group on Energy (SAGE)
• Mr. Pankaj Batra, Project Director, SARI/EI, IRADe
• Ms. Dawa Chhoedron, Chief Engineer, Department of Hydropower and Power Systems, Bhutan
• Mr. Ghanshyam Prasad, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Power, India
• Mr. Lakshitha Weerasignhe, Deputy General Manager of Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB)
• Mr Devesh Singh , Operations Officer (Climate & Energy) – South Asia and Pacific – International Finance Corporation
During the panel discussion following questions were addressed by the panellist
1.Major issues which are holding back the cross border energy trade.
2. How hydro and solar potential of the region can be utilized
3. What all challenges can be foreseen in creation of South Asia Forum for Energy Market.
4 .How do they the way forward for grid integration in the region.